Failure to ovulate or having infrequent menstrual cycles can mean that it’s difficult to pinpoint the best time to try naturally for a baby.
This treatment involves stimulating your ovaries with a course of drugs administered by injection and /or tablets to help your ovaries produce an egg or eggs. Your reaction to the drugs will be closely monitored throughout your treatment using ultrasounds and blood tests to measure your hormone levels and assess when ovulation will occur.
Ovulation Induction treatment is recommended for:
● Women with unexplained infertility.
● Women with long, irregular or infrequent cycles.
● Women who are not spontaneously ovulating.
● Couples with no male-factor infertility.
Ovulation Induction treatment is NOT recommended for:
● Women over 38 years of age.
● Women with tubal blockage or severe tubal damage.
● Women with severe endometriosis.
● Couples with a low sperm count or poor sperm motility/morphology.